2021 Fraser Valley Music Awards Season Opens With Help From Common Room!
Abbotsford – Over a dozen different awards and $10,170 are up for grabs once again with #FVMA21, the 6th annual Fraser Valley Music Awards!
In addition to the 10 + categories through various genres, demographic and fan vote recognition opportunities, CIVL is teaming up with Common Room for the second year in a row. This year, the Common Room Recording Grant will be awarded at the Fraser Valley Music Awards on December 17th, 2021 in the second straight year of teaming up with CIVL!
Common Room Recording Grant applications are now open at https://www.commonroommusic.co/recording-grant
2021 Fraser Valley Music Awards
2021 FVMA Event Information and Prizes
About the FVMAs
The awards, now in their sixth year, are an initiative of CIVL Radio, the University of the Fraser Valley’s campus and community radio station, and were first hosted in July 2016 after a year-long grant project funded by the Community Radio Fund of Canada.
Starting in 2020, as an extension of the station’s commitment to the region’s musicians, and that group’s livelihood having been particularly devastated by the effects of COVID-19, the station has put up $10,170 in prizing to be split between the years’ winners. #FVMA21
The following prizes are to be awarded at the Decemeber 17th #FVMA21 Gala, however more will be announced in the coming weeks:
- Each winner will receive a cash prize for being the highest adjudicated applicant in their category
- The Common Room Music Collective’s 2021 Recording Grant will see $3,500 awarded to one artist to produce their first professional recording. Visit https://www.commonroommusic.co/recording-grant to apply now
- Artists whose adjudicated submissions are nominated for a 2021 FVMA are automatically eligible for participation in the Dakota Leslie Memorial Fan Vote, where the more votes you get, the more cash you win!
- FVMA submissions are now open
- Nominees will be announced in mid-late October